Thank you for stopping by.
if you wish to start a Thai lesson, please include the following information.
- Your purpose of learning Thai: work? family? personal development?
- Time frame: travel plan in three months? crash course? a long term goal to reconnect with distant Thai relatives?
- Your previous experience in learning a foreign language.
These questions should help you think about your decision to start a Thai lesson. Thai is not an easy language to learn, but the goal to master the Thai language is attainable. I just want to make sure that you really commit to it.
Thank you for reading this message ka.
If you have not watched this new Disney short film, this is a must-see. Of course, the Chip ‘n’ Dale song is such an earworm for Thais. This short film is already becoming popular in Thailand as it presents the country in a good light. I asked my Thai students to watch it without turning on CC this week. Perhaps you should try also.
Thai sentences from the short movie:
- ขอบคุณ/khob-khun/Thank you
- ข้าวผัด/khao-pad/fried rice
- ขอโทษ/Kaw-thod/I’m sorry.
- นี่ที่ของชั้น/tii-nii khong chan/This is my spot.
- มีปัญหาเหรอ/ mee pan-haa reu/ Do you have any problem? (Note: this is a Thai phrase that is used when someone wants to start a fight.)
- สวัสดี/ sa-wat-dee/ Hello
- ไม่เป็นไร /mai-pen-rai/ That’s alright. Never mind.
I got many inquiries for a Thai language class for children in New York City. Here is the detail. My specialization is teaching Thai to adults, so I’m not confident that I’m the best person to teach children. I believe that children learn differently.
Thai language program for children in Queens, NY
P.S.11 Kathryn M.Phelan School
54-25 Skillman Ave, Woodside, NY 11377
Time: Sundays 1-4PM
Please contact me for the teacher’s phone number.
One of my former Thai students is also setting up a Thai language school for children in Inwood. She is a really experienced teacher for children. Please email me for more info if you’re interested.