Sawasdee Pee Mai = Happy New Year 2020 สวัสดีปีใหม่ 2563
Thank you for stopping by.
If you wish to start a Thai lesson, please include the following information.
- Your purpose in learning Thai: work? family? personal development?
- Time frame: travel plan in three months? crash course? a long term goal to reconnect with distant Thai relatives?
- Your previous experience in learning a foreign language.
These questions should help you think about your decision to start a Thai lesson. Thai is not an easy language to learn, but the goal to master the Thai language is attainable. I just want to make sure that you really commit to it.
Thank you for reading this message ka.
Graffiti artist: Alex Face
If you have not watched this new Disney short film, this is a must-see. Of course, the Chip ‘n’ Dale song is such an earworm for Thais. This short film is already becoming popular in Thailand as it presents the country in a good light. I asked my Thai students to watch it without turning on CC this week. Perhaps you should try also.
Thai sentences from the short movie:
- ขอบคุณ/khob-khun/Thank you
- ข้าวผัด/khao-pad/fried rice
- ขอโทษ/Kaw-thod/I’m sorry.
- นี่ที่ของชั้น/tii-nii khong chan/This is my spot.
- มีปัญหาเหรอ/ mee pan-haa reu/ Do you have any problem? (Note: this is a Thai phrase that is used when someone wants to start a fight.)
- สวัสดี/ sa-wat-dee/ Hello
- ไม่เป็นไร /mai-pen-rai/ That’s alright. Never mind.